Tuesday, March 29, 2011

19 February 2011 ~ Out of a Funk

After a couple weeks of being in a deep, miserable funk, I knew I had to do something to pull myself out of it. Thankfully, for the first time in months, the mercury rose above 32ยบ F, so I packed a picnic lunch, hopped on the dragonfly bike and pedaled to Golden Pebble Beach for some fresh air and exercise.
It was a beautiful day, sunny and clear as a bell, but a bitter wind brought the temperature way back down.
I had the beach to myself until...
this gentleman arrived...to go for a swim??? I was all bundled up in my long johns and winter coat and he was heading into the water!
Check out the color of his skin after he came out. Can you say cold?
Remnants of Chinese New Year
All is quiet and peaceful on Golden Pebble Beach.
I love to take pictures of the pebbles...the colors, patterns and textures are so beautiful.
View out over the Yellow Sea
Nature and the cold, crisp air worked wonders with my psyche.

1 comment:

  1. Kimberly, we are all with you in spirit, esp. thanks to your beautiful pictures...and remember, you'll be home before you know it. love you.

    ReplyDelete