Sunday, August 15, 2010

12 August 2010 ~ Shopping in Kaifaqu






On Thursday evening I was finally feeling so much better, so I ventured out to Kaifaku to do some much needed grocery shopping. And I'm ever so glad I did! Outside of AnShang shopping mall in an open court area there was a production going on with singing and dancing. If I didn't know I was in China, I sure knew it in that moment! I loved standing there, the only American in sight, and soaking in the Chinese culture! I was in awe once again.

It was a beautiful night and the rain held off while I did my shopping and made it back to the bus. Inside AnShang there are many floors (still haven't explored them all yet) of clothing, electronics, shoes, restaurants (KFC included!) and much, much more. The floor undergroud is Trust-Mart, a very large grocery store. I had a great time just going up and down the isles exploring! Sure not like my local Raley's, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment