Sunday, September 12, 2010

12 September 2010 ~ Sunday Ride

I took the greatest bike ride out in the country above the school this morning. It was a bit smoggy, but the sun was shining and it was a gorgeous day! I found what I thought was a cemetery, so I parked my bike and started walking down this lovely intricate stone path. There were headstones and grave markers as I walked dating back to the 1990, so the cemetery was a new one. I was hoping to see headstones and markers dating way back, but no luck.

As I walked further into the cemetery, there was a path heading up into the hills, so off I went. Soon I found myself surrounded by farms nestled into the countryside. Sunflowers, corn and an assortment of vegetables were growing all around me. As you can imagine, I took a ton of pictures, but am only able to upload a few here. I must find a site soon that enables me to upload the whole album with ease...

A field of sunflowers with all their heads facing down. 
 Just beautiful!

The dome at school peaking through the trees.

Beautiful stone path leading through the cemetery with DAIS in the background.

Can you see the heart shaped stones? Hi, Mom!! I love you too!

After exploring the cemetery, I hopped back on the bike and headed further up the road. I came across a beautiful private residence with an old tower guarding the entrance. It made for great picture taking!




Action shot! Not bad for riding and snapping a picture at the same time. : )  I just love this dragonfly bike!

We měiguórén (Americans) really need to watch out for big busses, trucks and cars! I was nearly run off the road a couple times!

What a glorious day it was! 
 Thank you Universe for the many gifts in my life!





No comments:

Post a Comment