Thursday, September 30, 2010

30 September 2010 ~ Love From Home

I've just love watching people receive care packages from home here at DAIS. Boxes get hugged like best friends and a relaxed, serene look comes over the recipient's face that says, "Ah...home." They take things out of the box ranging from cashews to clothing, hold them close to their heart, and breath in the scents of home. Some things get shared with those who are near and others are coveted and stay hidden in the box. Just today my friend Brandi shared a Reece's Peanut Butter Cup with me that came in a care package from her mom. Nothing has ever tasted so good!!

It was like Christmas morning and my birthday all wrapped up into one today when Jason (DAIS's guard) said, "Kimberly, you have a package!" Bless you, Aunt Deb, for the wonderful care package full of the comforts of home...soft, luxurious, 400 thread count sheets and plush, sumptuous, cloud-like towels! And I just love the dragonfles, Deb...they're perfect.

Customs only held the package for three days, my passport for one, and I was only taxed ¥8. I was expecting something more like ¥800 or at least ¥80 and was quite pleased when I was told it would be only¥8...that's a whopping $1.20!

I love you bunches, Deb! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment