Friday, October 29, 2010

26 October 2010 ~ Baby It's Cold Outside

It's getting cold out there! Sure hope my shipment with all my warm clothes arrives soon. I've heard "it will be here next week" since the end of August. Last week I was told that all the paperwork had cleared through customs and my boxes were en route from Shanghai to Dalian and it would be here this week. I received an email on Wednesday stating that the "custom's office computer in is broken and they are not able to tax the shipment and issue a receipt. We were told that it will be fixed by Friday and we will try the best to push them and pick up the shipment and send to Dalian. The delivery should be (get ready for it...) next week." I love the use of the word should. What happened to all the paperwork being complete and the shipment on its way to Dalian? I've given up getting excited when I hear news that it's on its way. I suppose I will get excited and believe what they tell me when I actually see a truck unloading my precious cargo at the steps of DAIS. Until then, I'll have the patience of a saint and layer all my summer clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment