Saturday, October 30, 2010

29 October 2010 ~ Kimberly Cooking?

I know a bunch of you back home are not going to believe this, but I actually cook every weekend...and I'm really enjoying it. It started when my belly revolted each time I ate out and it became pure survival...I had to cook! So each weekend I would cook up batches of things to have during the week. Thanks to the inspiration of my friend Brandi (She sent me a huge bag of homemade apple sauce when I was sick--thank you Brandi!), I've got making applesauce down to a science! And man does my apartment smell deliciously cinnamony for days after I cook up a batch! The other day I found a bunch of asian pears at the bottom on the produce drawer in my fridge. I hadn't eaten them because I had been so sick for so long. They were pretty sad looking and if I was back home they would have gone straight into the compost bin. But no, not here...I made asian pear sauce. I know, pretty hard to believe huh? But it's true...scouts honor! Who knew it could be so simple and so fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment