Saturday, November 13, 2010

13 November 2010 ~ All the Leaves Are Brown

Took a solo hike up Dragon Mountain this afternoon in the opposite direction April and I went last night. I feel so blessed to have these beautiful trails so close to home. Fall has definitely set in and winter is just around the corner. Everything is brown, all the leaves are gone, and the temperature is getting a bit nippy.

Hey, that reminds me of the lyrics to California Dreamin':
All the leaves are brown and the sky is grey
I went for a walk on a winter's day
I'd be safe and warm if I was in LA
California dreamin' on such a winter's day....

I may be dreamin' of California, but my
heart is right here in China loving each day.

This farm is just around the corner from the school...
and this must be the family's cemetery.
Cute little house...

A Wishy...
At the top looking northwest at the view of
DAIS and surrounding hills.
Same spot...looking east at the view of
Golden Pebble Beach and Yellow Sea.
What a clear day!
Jinshitan
Discovery Kingdom...Jinshitan's version of Disneyland.
Am I in New England or am I in China?
The tower at the top
Tower and quarter moon
Trail steps to top
Perfect timing...made it to the very top
and turned around to see this radiant sunset.


Heading down the trail toward the sea.
Self portrait long arm : )
Up and over the mountain and blessed with a beautiful
view of the coastline through the winter trees.

My hike ended on a staircase that led to Golden Pebble Beach.
Then took a lovely walk along the beach and
watched the fishermen come in with their daily catch.
The walk home from the beach was a chilly one!!
I'm going to have to start layering better!

No comments:

Post a Comment