Thursday, November 4, 2010

4 November 2010 ~ Insecte Si Paianjeni

Each morning we start our day with a friendship circle in Class 2A. It gives the kids (and teachers : )) an opportunity to share something that's important to them, chat about something that is going on in their life, celebrate an accomplishment, or work out something that's going on. I love starting the day this way.

To go along with Halloween, we have been learning all about insects and spiders. Yesterday our little guy from Romania brought in a book all about insects in his native language to share with the class. He was just adorable as he read to us all about his favorite insects in Romanian. We then went further around the circle and our little girl from Korea also had a book about insects written in Korean. She then proceeded to share in her native language. I just sat there with a big ol' smile on my face. It was another "pinch me" moment! I just love my job!

Bummer, the Korean book was taken home before I had a chance to snap a picture of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment