Thursday, November 25, 2010

25 November 2010 ~ Happy Thanksgiving

My Thanksgiving morning started with a phone call from my sweet nieces, Lesley and Kelsey. It was so wonderful to see their smiling faces and to be wished a Happy Thanksgiving because I was on my way to work. : / The first Thanksgiving Day of my entire life that I was up, dressed and running off to work at 8:00 in the morning. It was very strange and a bit sad, but seeing these two faces brightened my day tremendously!
As it turned out, Kelsey and Lesley were at my aunt and Grandma's house with the whole family and soon my computer screen was filled with more smiling faces...Greg, Matt, Grandma Grady and Aunt Deb. I tried so hard not to cry as my apartment was filled with their presence. I love Skype!

That night, Lisa, the owner of the school, organized a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner for the staff of DAIS tonight at Campus Cafe. It was awesome to gather and celebrate this special day of thanks together. I am so grateful for my new family here at DAIS.

The Smiths: Doug (Secondary Science), Isaac (1st grader), Matthew (second grader-I have the honor of being one of his teachers : )) and Brandi (Elementary Science)
Serving up the yummy feast.
Digging in!
April (Secondary English), Kimberly and Alejandra (Kindergarten)
Ham, turkey, mash potatoes, green beans, sweet potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin rice and of course the chopsticks!
Thanksgiving dinner eaten with chopsticks! Lovin' it!!
Nancy (Secondary Art), Susan (Elementary ELL) and Ann (Counselor)
Tim (Elementary Technology) and Agnes (1st Grade)
I had a connection to Tim and Agnes before I arrived. Ten years ago, they worked with my dear friend Judy in Kuwait. This picture was taken just for you Judy! Tim and Agnes want you to know that this was taken one day after the 35th anniversary of the day they met! : ) They are a fantastic couple and ever so kind and caring!!
Tim, Agnes, Nancy, Susan, Ann and Kimberly
Alejandra and Kurt (Head of School)
Lawrence (Head of Hua Mei-Bilingual National School) Andrew (English), Ashton (IT Guy), David (Hua Mei Teacher), Gomer (Judy's husband), Judy (Mandarin Teacher)
Andrew (goofball)
Annie (Mandarin), Kou (Mandarin), Katy (Mandarin) and James (Technology Wizard)
Katy is my Mandarin teacher...my very patient Mandarin teacher.
Kara (Third Grade) and Veronica (ELL and wonderful co-teacher!)
Kimberly and Jennelle (PE)
Veronica and Kimberly
Brandon (Secondary Math), Robert (IT Director), Jess (Secondary Math), and Cristian (Secondary PE)
Alejandra, Lisa (Owner of DAIS), and Kimberly
Mazzy and Katy
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE, WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!
I am so grateful! I am so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Buddy,
    I am so glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    xoxox,
    LB

    ReplyDelete