Sunday, November 21, 2010

21 November 2010 ~ A Gift of Happiness

My favorite part of each week has become Sunday trips to purchase my weekly meat and produce at the Jinshitan outdoor market. I delight in the connections and relationships I am making with the vendors. During one of my very first adventures to the market, I made a connection with the town knife sharpener and I always go out of my way now to say hello to this charming man each Sunday morning. A couple weekends ago, he came running after me with a gift of Chinese sweet bread. He touched my heart and I felt tremendous gratitude for his kind gesture. Today I brought him one of my precious treats...a Reece's Peanut Butter Cup. : ) You should have seen the guy smile from ear to ear as he went running around to his friends to show them. How sweet it is that this knife sharpener from Jinshitan, China and this teacher from Windsor, California can share such precious gifts of happiness, smiles and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment