Thursday, December 30, 2010

28 December 2010 ~ Part 2

After our beach trip, we came back to the orphanage, had lunch, and the kids had a siesta until 3:00. This was also our time to kick back and take a break. It's pretty hot here, so we greatly appreciated the time to cool off and rest. After their siesta, the kids mosey out one by one and come to the multi-use room for snack and play.

Brandi and Pauli-each time you take Pauli's picture and ask him to smile, he puts his fingers on his chin. Too cute!
Hanna and Kimberly
Megan teaching Pauli how to use her camera.
Inside the playroom having fun with Phii Brie. Gomin was sitting on my lap when I snapped this shot of Hanna, Brie and Sarina...he really wanted to be in the picture!
Reading a story to Gomin.
Merry Christmas!

Ruth, Kimberly and Hanna
Hanna caught a spider and was so proud to show it off.
She such an animal lover. : )
Kaleb and Yotin playing with their Christmas gifts sent to them by their sponsors.
Brandon, Jess, Isaac and Matthew playing soccer.
Sarina playing on the monkey gym, being a little monkey herself.
Jess having fun with Sarina.
Ruth and her Christmas present.
Gomin and Kimberly
Look at that sweet face. I'm so in love with these kids!
The boys' and girls' houses.
Princess Sarina
Megan, Hanna and Pauli
Pauli
Hanna wearing Jess's shoes.
Hanna
Matthew, Hanna and Sarina swinging away!
The older girls come home from school about 5:00.
Here's Phaan with the traditional Thai greeting, "Sawatdeekaa!"
"Sawatdeekaa, Om!"
Hanna giving Brandon a "hair cut."
Gowin is intently playing with the crabs from the beach this morning.
He loved putting the crab in Megan's hair. You're a great sport, Megan!!
Isaac and Hanna
Ruth making a whistle out of a leaf.
Ruth teaching her sister to blow into the leaf.
Megan and Ruth at lunch.
Another beautiful sunset.
After dinner it was my job to teach Om, Phaan and Ruth English.



I am so blessed to be here and spend time with these kids, getting to know their personalities, their language, their stories, and receiving such great love from each and everyone of them. Knowing their stories about why they came to the orphanage, I am in utter awe of their resilience, their zest for life, and their overflowing expression of love. They soak up our love and give it back to us tenfold! I came here to serve in any way I could and to love up these little guys, but I'll be going away with so much more than I could ever possibly give! I will hold these children dear to my heart and be ever grateful for my time here with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment