Friday, December 10, 2010

5 December 2010 ~ JinShiTan Market Vendors

Meet the people I purchase my fresh food
from each Sunday morning.

The fish lady.
That's a stingray in her hand.
The oyster shuckers.
Fresh seafood.
The fish were so fresh that they were still flopping around the fish lady's feet.
My buddy...the knife sharpener.
Just gotta love this guy and I can't wait until my knives are dull.
Vehicles have the right of way in China, even in the center of the market!
The tofu lady.
The infamous chicken lady!! This is actually where I purchase all my chicken and one must have a very strong stomach in order to do so. I've learned to give her exact change so I don't receive any money back soaked in chicken juices!
All the bits and pieces...nothing goes to waste.
I have yet to be adventurous enough to buy pork or beef at the market.
The noodle lady. I love this sweet woman.
Always has a smile as she weighs my 3 kuai bag of freshly made noodles.
The noodle man making noodles.
The tea shop.
Ever so sad that this shop is no longer at JinShiTan market.
Going to market each Sunday morning
is one of the great pleasures of my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment